Thursday, March 20, 2014

Halfway There!

Yesterday marked the end of our 20th week of pregnancy, roughly the halfway point. It feels like its drug on and flown by at the same time. Part of me can't imagine that in about 4 1/2 months, we'll get to hold our little Peanut. Another part of me, though, knows how much will happen between now and then, and that makes me a little anxious. I don't think anyone ever feels completely ready, but we're a long way from even being close to ready. It's mostly a conscious decision not to collect a bunch of stuff we're just going to have to move with us in a little over a month, and I think we're also waiting until we know Peanut is a he or a she to move forward with purchasing a lot of stuff. So it's been minimal nesting for me, so far. I'm sure next week I'll go buy a few little things for Peanut. He/she doesn't have much right now, and I feel kind of bad, haha.

Anyway, here's the 20-week pic. I really should try to start taking these earlier in the day when I don't look so darn worn out, but it's tricky when Jeff leaves the house at 5:00 am. So just don't judge my laziness, at least I put real clothes on, haha.

Also probably never wearing that shirt again...haha.

Not much else is new, we're just anxiously awaiting our gender sonogram on Monday. Our plan is not to find out at the actual appointment, but rather wait until later in the day when Jeff and I's reactions can be captured on video. I feel like there's something anti-climactic about sitting in the dark in the ultrasound room and having the tech just tell you what your baby is. So I've put my bestie Maggie Mae in charge of delivering the good news.

I'll inflate two black balloons, one filled with pink confetti, and one filled with blue confetti. Both will be labeled and delivered to Maggie with a note from the doctor about Peanut's gender. She'll return later to our house with the correct balloon, and will record Jeff and I's reaction as the balloon is popped. I'm sure I'll be anxious all day, especially knowing that Maggie knows and I don't. It'll be fun to see our reactions live though, for the first time, and to be able to share that with our friends will be so fun too.

So unfortunately, you probably won't hear anything from me here until Tuesday. You can wait another day, I promise. If I have a chance I'll put something on Facebook Monday night, but I've yet to come up with a clever way to announce it.
"IT'S A ______!" 
just doesn't seem to do it justice. We'll see if my creative brain can come up with something between now and then.

Also in the meantime: spending today and tomorrow preparing for Tiffany's baby shower, staying up way too late on Friday night to go see DIVERGENT (I'm seriously so stoked about this) and then co-hosting Tiff's shower on Saturday. I suppose I'll need to spend Sunday resting and recuperating from such a busy few days, and then bright and early Monday morning we head out to see the doctor!

Eeeeeeee I can't wait!!




COUNTDOWN TO THE GENDER SONO: 3 days, 23 hours, 37 minutes...

No comments:

Post a Comment