I've been gone for SO LONG! Sorry about that.
Once we got past the whole gender-reveal thing, I was over this pregnancy.
Okay, maybe not quite, but it feels like I've been too busy to do my chalkboard and take a picture. So I just got around to taking my picture today, at 21 weeks and 4 days, but it's not like my belly changes THAT much week-to-week.
Here's the pic this week:
Horizontal stripes are a pregnant woman's best friend, let me tell you that much. White pants, maybe not.
Anyway, we're 21 weeks (almost 22) and Peanut is OFFICIALLY a girl. That means I can spend this entire post (and every post here on out) referring to HER as a SHE. Ahhh man that feels so nice.
Can I just reiterate, real quick, how RIGHT I was??
Cannot even explain how I knew, and can't tell you I could do it again with the next kid. Since we found out about Peanut, she had always lived in the back of my mind as a she. If I wasn't thinking carefully, the female pronoun would slip right now. Jeff will tell you, more than a few times I had to quickly correct myself and add the "or he."
Now that we know, everyone's asking about names.
What shall we name this (hopefully) adorable bundle of cells?
You'd think Jeff wants to name her "No" at this rate, because that's about all that comes out of his mouth on the subject. We have a lengthy list that we've been slowly whittling down, but it's not looking good. We're basically on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to this. Jeff much prefers very traditional heard-it-before names, and I am adamant that this child not have a name common enough to share it with a classmate. It took me nearly 20 years to be in the same classroom situation (technically it was a work situation) where I was one of multiple Shelbys, and it's only happened to me that one time. Sure, when I was little I wanted to be an Ashley or a Tiffany, but since around middle school I've adored how unique my name is. It's not like it's unheard of, people always know what it is and how it's pronounced (and spelled) but I can nearly guarantee you, when people mention me in a conversation, they don't have to clarify which Shelby they're talking about. I want that for our daughter. (Didja see that? DAUGHTER!!!!!! WOO HOO!!)
So while I like names like Circe and Aubrielle (both no longer on the list), Jeff prefers Jillian or Sophie (also no longer on the list).
This might take a while.
I should probably just let it be known (again) at this point that we do not intend to share Peanut's name or those we are considering until she is fully part of the world (i.e. has been issued a social security card and is being watched by the federal government like a good American citizen). Ideally, I'd like to narrow the list to three or four names that both Jeff and I quite like, and choose one once we meet the little gal. I'm sure we'll have a significant (to the family) middle name worked out before hand. Maybe we'll give you that little nugget of info.
Or maybe not...
Either way, be prepared: if you ask what we're naming her, we're not telling! Sorry mom...
The only other big development (if you can even call it that) is Peanut's wiggles. She's an active little one in there, but still no movements felt on the outside. Poor Jeff.
We learned at the ultrasound...
(PREPARE FOR TOO MUCH INFO HERE!!)
...that I have an anterior placenta, which means its attached at the front of my uterus, just inside my belly button, instead of at the rear of my uterus, near my spine. This basically means there's extra cushion between Peanut and the exterior of my belly that she has to kick through for Jeff or I (or anyone else) to feel it. The ultrasound tech said in this situation, external kicks are usually felt around 24 weeks, so we're waiting anxiously for that. In the meantime, I'll enjoy her waking up every morning at 3 or 4 am to have a dance party. Silly little nugget.
I think that's about it for now, if I take my 22 week pic on time, you should see it later this week! We'll see just how motivated I am. It's supposed to be in the 80s this week, which will likely mean lots of time outside and not doing my chalkboard.
Oh well...

No comments:
Post a Comment