It's fresh air coming through our open windows!!
I know it's only mid-February, but Texas weather is crazy, and after a winter of much-too-cold-for-Texas weather, I think we're all ready for some sunshine. Plus we all know we've only got a little stretch of time before we start complaining about just how HOT it is outside.
High of 79 today? I'll take it.
There's something about springtime that sort of goes with babies anyway. That whole feeling that the world is renewed...er...fresh...er, I dunno something like that. Anyway, this spring will be the season of baby showers for my friends and I. I'm one of just eight or nine girls in the ENJJPT community who is currently pregnant, and most of us are due sometime this summer. Unfortunately, there are a few of us (myself included) who will move away before our bundles of joy arrive. This has created somewhat of a rush to have all these baby showers before we all part ways.
In the next 2 1/2-3 months, I'll likely attend showers for five or six different girls. Wowzer! Guess I'll be spending even more time than I thought in the baby aisle at Target. Of course this is only good news, I am surrounded by friends to share this experience with, and it serves to remind us all of how different pregnancy can be woman-to-woman. We're all having such different experiences; it's a great time to hear other stories and give (sometimes unsolicited) advice from things we've each already learned. I'll miss these ladies and all their support, not to mention their hilarious stories.
Not much has changed for us, we visit the doctor again tomorrow for our 16-week checkup, and I anticipate she'll order our next (and final) ultrasound. Tomorrow we should know when we find out exactly what kind of he/she is cooking in there! Exciting!
More updates and a week 15 baby bump pic coming soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment