Technically this post comes a day before our 16 week mark, but you'd be surprised how hard it is to take the same photo on the same day each week. If I'm being honest, the self-imposed pressure to update the chalkboard with something new and creative is usually the real reason behind my procrastination. I'm just not that creative with chalk!
Anyway, here's the 15 week pic:
Seemingly out of nowhere, this little bump has appeared on my belly that won't go away, even if I'm sucking in with all my might. It's crazy to see how much and how fast your body changes. This little bump showed up really in a matter of days, and caught me a little by surprise. Not that I'm complaining, I was really feeling the awkward mid-point of "too big to be normal" and "too small to be pregnant."
Although now that its out there, I'm convinced everyone is staring at me when I'm in public somewhere. Its strange to feel like people can tell something personal about you just by looking at you - but they can! The good news is, I've got roughly six more months to get comfortable with this.
We also had our 16-week check up with our doctor yesterday, and she says everything is normal. She had a much easier time finding Peanut's heartbeat this time around, which means he/she is growing and getting bigger! Since our next appointment (we go roughly every four weeks) is right around the 20-week mark, we're planning to do our "anatomy" ultrasound along with the appointment. They say its so they can count fingers and toes, etc, but we all know what anatomy they're REALLY looking for, tee hee!
Technically it's a five-week wait since our doctor will be out of town for spring break, and the wait just might kill me. I'm trying to remind myself that four months have already gone by, and I'll miss all of this when it's over, but its hard to imagine a little person growing in there without knowing if it's a he or a she. We have no choice but to wait, though!
The other development I'm anxiously awaiting is feeling Peanut move around for the first time. They can it can happen anytime between 16 and 22 weeks (although realistically first-time moms usually don't feel it - or can't distinguish it - early on).
Hopefully I'll be able to write about something new and exciting soon, though! Technically I should post our week 16 pic tomorrow or Thursday, but we'll see if I actually get around to taking it.
More soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment