We were ten weeks last Wednesday, the 8th, but spent a few days in San Antonio mid-week, so we had to wait to take the latest bump picture. Here's the official ten week bump:
Still not really anything to write home about (har har) but I see myself everyday, so I'm not sure I'll really notice when "it" shows up.
Last week we had our first official Dr. visit (after our first ultrasound, we're doing it all backwards I guess). There wasn't much in the way of new information, just the long list of what I can't do (hot tubs!) and can do (exercise!). It seems like a long time to wait to first see he doctor and "confirm" your pregnancy, since it's basically been two months by then that you should've been taking care of this growing little one. Good thing there's plenty of information out there readily available in the meantime.
We go back next week to meet with the actual doctor (versus the nurse practitioner last time) and go over the results of my lab work and get started with the myriad of prenatal screenings that are recommended. Sooooo many tests. But Jeff and I agreed we'd rather know baby is healthy than guess that he or she is.
The really good news here is that just a few days after they poke and prod me, we get on a plane to HAWAII! We're both really excited to have some time away and do some fun and touristy things while we're in Honolulu. I'm hopeful Peanut still won't quite be big enough to press on my bladder during the marathon flight, but we'll see. The lengthy travel will be WORTH IT, as I'll be spending most of my time here:


No comments:
Post a Comment